Excited to share a few key updates from the Sapling Product Team:
- How to add new hires to Google Group emails during onboarding
- How to view the status of your assigned documents
- Back-to-Work Toolkit walkthrough
- Feature Spotlight: “Other” Category Workflows
- In case you missed it: How to Optimize DEI on a Budget
📩 Add new team members automatically to Google Groups or Organizational Units
We’ve taken our G Suite integration capabilities to the next level by introducing the ability to auto-add new hires to their associated Google Groups or Organizational Units (OUs).
Let’s say a new hire is joining your Marketing team in Belgium. Once Sapling provisions their new Gmail account, we can now add them to their associated Google Groups like email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.
If your G Suite integration is turned on and your IT team has Google Groups set up in your organization’s Google account, the option to add new hires to groups will automatically show up during the onboarding process.
Bonus: here is an email template to let your IT team know about how this will help them save time!
📄View the status of your assigned Documents
To provide an extra layer of visibility, we’ve added additional Document Status options that clarify the exact stage of any assigned document, especially signatory documents.
Here are the new statuses you'll see:
- Preparing: Sapling has received your signatory document request and is working behind the scenes to customize it to your exact needs
- Ready for Signature: Sapling has assigned the document to your team member and it’s ready to sign
- Ready for Co-signers: Your team member has signed the document, but the document co-signers have not
- Completed: The document has been signed by your team member and all co-signers (when applicable)
You can view these individual document statuses from any team member profile, or head to the Documents Dashboard for company-wide insights.
🔮 Back-to-Work Toolkit preview
This week, Sapling launched a new mini webinar series called Sapling Spotlight 🎉
The goal of this series is to give you a behind the scenes look at why we’re building what we’re building, how new features work, and ways to best leverage Sapling to save time and improve efficiency in your day – all in 10 minutes or less.
Check out our first episode featuring Brian Craft (our Head of Product) as he walks through how our Back-to-Work Toolkit is optimized to support People Teams in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis.
✨Feature Spotlight: Workflows
Sapling Workflows serve as the foundation to unlock automated, repeatable, and consistent experiences for your team members at every step of the employee lifecycle.
Sorting workflows by the process type they belong to (e.g. onboarding, offboarding, relocation, or promotion) is a simple way to stay organized. But with the ability to automate an infinite amount of your People Ops processes with the “Other” category, it can be daunting to know where to start.
Here are some of our favorite examples of how customers have utilized “Other” workflows to automate important team member milestones:
- Parental Leave / Return post leave
- Career Pathing
- DEI Training
- Learning & Development programs
- 30/60/90 day check-ins
- Buddy Programs
- Wellness check-ins
- Anniversary celebrations
Sapling’s powerful automation capabilities can streamline any repeatable process you can dream up. If you have any questions on what additional pieces of your employee experience programs we can help streamline, reach out to your CSM or shoot us a message at email@example.com.