Finding the best talent is the key to any successful organization, but it doesn’t stop at hiring – it’s just as important to support new hires, empower them to be productive and successful in their new role. Sapling provides significant improvements for your People Operations team and Hiring Managers, while completely streamlining the Candidate and Employee experience through the Lever Integration.
The Lever integration is currently only available to customers on Lever’s Professional or Enterprise plan (see plan details here).
How It Works
Setting up the Integration and Data Flow
Lever provides the best rated recruiting software, applicant tracking system (ATS), and recruitment marketing tools used by top businesses.
Sapling is continually expanding the number of fields that sync between Lever and Sapling. Here is a full list of the Lever to Sapling Integration fields:
1. Standard Fields: Sapling imports Candidate and Job Posting data:
Candidate Information including:
- First Name
- Last Name
Job Posting Information including:
- Hiring Manager
Referral/ Source Information
- Tracking who referred/ sourced the candidate
2. Offer Fields: Offer Fields are set-up in Lever and are related to the candidate offer. All Offer fields can be synced based on matching names. For example, adding “Salary” to both Lever and Sapling will import the Salary field into Sapling.
Common Offer Information included for customers are:
- Offered compensation amount
- Compensation currency
- Type of earnings
- Anticipated start date
- Offered equity
- Work authorization status
- Employment status of job.
Key Factors to be aware of
- The address for your webhook should be: [yourcompanyname].saplingapp.io/api/v1/admin/webhook_integrations/lever
- For example: rocketship.saplingapp.io/api/v1/admin/webhook_integrations/lever
Start Dates Management
- The start date imported into Sapling is the hired date, unless your team is set-up with Lever’s Form Fields of Lever Offer.
Field Names in Lever and Sapling.
- For the Fields to sync correctly, the field names and field options naming conventions must match between Lever and Sapling
Form Fields Management
- Form Fields allow you to customize the new hire data that can be passed to Sapling.
- Lever currently does not give Form Fields endpoints to integration partners today. However, Sapling customers can provide independent access to grant Sapling access to this endpoint as needed.
Requisition Fields Management
- Requisition fields allow you to create custom fields about job related data that can be passed to Sapling.
- You will need to have the Lever Enterprise Plan or purchase custom Requisition fields from Lever in order to sync these fields.
- Reach out to your Account Manager to learn more.
Resending Candidates Management
- There are two ways to resend a candidate to Sapling:
- In Lever, unhire the candidate and then rehire the candidate;
- Or in Lever, go to Settings > Integrations > Webhooks>Scroll down to Recent Webhook Deliveries. Then locate the correct webhook for that candidate and click on RERUN. This will resend the candidate to Sapling.