Thanks to report scheduling, you can automate the process of sharing key reporting information with the right people at the right time. This will help alleviate the need to manually download reports on an as-needed or recurring basis.
When might I use this?
While almost all custom reports in Sapling have the option to be scheduled (exception: Point in Time reports), typically we see the following most common use cases:
- Compensation and compensation changes. If you are tracking this data in Sapling via custom tables, you may need to report that information to your payroll team on a weekly basis.
- Time off. Share with your payroll team to ensure that time off is deducted properly.
- Field changes. Get updates on any key field changes that have taken place.
- Weekly onboarding reports to IT/payroll. Give extra visibility over new hires to ensure all teams are aligned.
How to create a scheduled report
To schedule an existing report, navigate from Home > Reports. Click on the report to edit, and skip to the final "Scheduler" step.
From the Scheduler, you can decide the cadence you'd like the report to be sent out (Weekly, Every 2 Weeks, Twice a Month (on specific days), or Monthly). You can choose if you'd like the report to be sent to specific individuals, or to a permission group.
To schedule a new report, create your desired report (learn more about how to create a report here) and follow the same directions as above when you get to the Scheduler step.
What happens once a report is scheduled?
Once scheduled, your team members will receive the report via a .CSV directly to their email on the cadence you selected.
- When scheduling a report, the time of day is based on the timezone you selected in your Sapling global platform settings.
- The team members that you select to receive the report must have at least View permission on reporting in order to receive the scheduled report.
Have additional questions about report scheduling? Check out the process in action below: