Sapling's dashboard is a powerful way to get instant visibility over four key pieces of the employee lifecycle: Onboarding, Transitions, Offboarding and Documents. Each dashboard offers information about all team members in each phase, giving you instant insight into their progress completing all necessary tasks/documents.
The Onboarding Dashboard gives you an overview of all of your newest team members who have begun the onboarding process.
To view the onboarding dashboard, navigate from Home > Dashboard. Use the dropdown menu to ensure you have Onboarding selected in the options menu.
All new team members are automatically shown in the onboarding dashboard when they have: outstanding onboarding tasks/documents that need to be completed, or a start date that's less than 14 days ago.
When a new hire is shown on the dashboard, there are six possible stages they will be categorized into:
- Invited: When the new hire has been sent an invitation to Sapling, but has not yet clicked the link and begun preboarding.
- Preboarding: This is when a new hire has started preboarding, but is not finished with their preboarding experience.
- Pre-Start: When new hires that have completed preboarding activities, but have not had their first day.
- 1st Week: New team member's first week of employment.
- 1st Month: Days 8 - 30 of activity.
- Ramping Up: Day 30+. New hires will only remain on the dashboard if they have not completed their new hire documents and tasks. (*Please note: once they do complete all new hire documents and tasks, they will then be moved to the Transitions dashboard.)
Use the search filters to adjust your results by the six stages outlined above.
As opposed to the Onboarding and Offboarding dashboards, the Transitions Dashboard gives visibility over all active employee transitions. Commonly, this covers transitions like promotions, relocations, team changes, or manager trainings.
To view the Transitions dashboard, navigate from Home > Dashboard > Transitions. Use the filters to view Transitions by Department, Location, or Employee Stage (i.e. First year, Second year, etc).
To learn about common Workflows you can assign and track on the Transitions Dashboard, check out our article on Maximizing Workflows during the Employee Lifecycle.
The Offboarding Dashboard gives you an overview of all individuals that are exiting your organization. Once you have begun the offboarding process, individuals in this dashboard will be automatically removed after the completion of all of their documents and tasks, and 30 days after their last day has passed.
To view the Offboarding dashboard, navigate from Home > Dashboard > Offboarding.
When a new hire is shown on the dashboard, there are three possible stages they will be categorized into:
- Last Month: The individual is in their last month at the organization.
- Last Week: The individual is in their last week at the organization.
- Departed: Will show individuals who have departed in the last 30 days.
*Please note: The offboarding dashboard stages are based on the employee's Termination Date (the last official date of employment), rather than the Last Day Worked (i.e. the last day the new hire gets assigned a task in Sapling).
The Documents Dashboard gives you an overview of all open vs. overdue documents that have been assigned to your team members.
To view the Documents dashboard, navigate from Home > Dashboard > Documents. Use the top tabs to switch between the "Overdue Documents" and the "Open Documents" tabs.
Use the quick action menu on the right of each document to view details about that document or send a reminder email to the document assignee.
- From any dashboard, use the quick actions menu for helpful shortcuts. On the right hand side of every team member, use the menu to send them an email, resend their invite to Sapling, complete their tasks, or delete them.
- From any dashboard, click on a person's name to go to their profile. Alternatively, click on their outstanding documents or tasks to get more details.
- From any dashboard, use the top navigation menu to get a quick overview of all open or overdue activities across your entire org. Hover your mouse over any task and click "Learn more" to get more details.
Alternatively, click "Go to Task" to see what workflow the open/overdue tasks are in, and edit the task if need be.