Sapling allows you to use the People Directory to bulk request or assign things to certain employees, making mass edits a breeze.
How this works
To access this feature, navigate from Home>People and select the employees you'd like to assign the updates too. (*note: you can also filter the directory to make sorting and selecting easier). Use the dropdown menu next to the checkbox to view all Bulk Edit actions.
When would I use this?
There are 7 action options in the Bulk Edit menu for you to choose from.
- Assign Documents or Workflows. Mass assign an individual Document, Document Packet, or Workflow to any selected employees. For example: have the entire company sign an updated NDA, review a packet of Employee Handbook documents, or assign a transition workflow to a team that's moving to a new office.
- Request profile field information. Request new or existing profile field information to be updated by selected employees. For ex: adding a new profile field for "T-shirt size". (*note: If employees are not allowed to complete the profile fields via permission settings, they will not be able to make any changes.)
- Apply a Profile Template. When rolling out new profile templates that apply to existing employees, you can quickly update what Profile Fields display in their profile by assigning a template.
- Change Manager. Bulk edit updates to managers. For ex: a new manager joins the San Francisco team, select all the SF team members and update who they report to.
- Power edit. (*note: this in only available to Super Admins - and edits here cannot be undone - so be extra careful with this feature). Edit custom job detail fields for employees, either Individually (i.e. the information you edit will be different for each team member you’ve selected) or As a Group (i.e. the information you edit will be the same for all selected team members.) With any Power edits to job information - for ex: salary changes during a promotion cycle - effective date of change must be filled out, and will result in a new row of data in the employee's Job Details table (but will not affect the current line of data). Reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions about updating these critical pieces of information.
- Send invite. Re-send an invitation to join Sapling. For ex: when you're implementing Sapling and want to invite your whole team to the platform.
- Delete from Sapling. Remove all employee data stored in Sapling for one (or multiple) team members. For ex: deleting an accidental duplicate account.
To see an example of this process in action, take a peek at the following video: