What does this mean?
Sapling includes the ability to create point in time reports. This means you are able to select a specific date that will function as a “snapshot” of your data when that date occurred.
How might I use it?
There may be an instance when you need to quickly and simply check for employees’ compensation information during a certain point in time. One example of this might be during an internal or external compensation audit. With the ability to pull this information in a few clicks, you can remove the need to sift through historical documents to find the data for any particular date.
How does it work?
- Click the create report button on the left hand administration navigation bar
Note: If you do not see this button it may mean you do not have sufficient privileges. Please reach out to your Sapling platform administrator to learn more.
- Select Point in Time along the top navigation bar
- Click the Create Report button in the top right corner
- Name your report
- Select which profile fields you would like to report on
Reminder: You are able to see all custom table effective dates by selecting the checkbox next to the table name instead of individual fields within the table drop down.
- Create filters based on groups that currently exist within Sapling - for example, department or location
- Save the report
- You are then able to download the report as a CSV spreadsheet or view the report as a Google Sheet