People Ops teams are working a mile a minute to support their employees and managers. By eliminating the need to switch between apps, we’re helping People Ops teams save valuable time and focus on what matters – the people.
What is the Sapling Add-on for Gmail?
The add-on lets you do the following directly from your Gmail inbox:
- Quickly access tasks that are assigned to you in Sapling
- Complete those tasks from Gmail without having to login to Sapling
- View details about the task receiver (the person you are completing the task for)
- Access the employee's profile in the Sapling web app.
The Sapling Gmail Add-on works on any web browser. It also works if you access Gmail from your Android phone.
How to install the Add-on?
In your Gmail, navigate to the top right, click Settings Get add-ons.
Search for Sapling and click Individual Install. This means that just you'll have access to it (versus your whole company). We do not recommend domain wide installs at this time.
To configure the add-on, you'll need two things:
- Your subdomain, typically your company name, or the phrase used when you login to Sapling (before ".saplingapp.io")
- An API Key, which can be found in the admin panel of the Sapling app
Once enabled, open any email (not necessarily an email from Sapling), and voila! 🎉You'll immediately see a list of all open tasks that are assigned to you. If you don't have any tasks that need to be done, this page will be blank.
Your task list is broken down by due date:
If you click into the details of a task, you can see more information, such as the task receiver detail and the description.