With Sapling, you can coordinate a streamlined offboarding process for team members from your organization and ensure all tasks and documents are completed.
How to Offboard a Team Member?
To initiate offboarding, you will want to navigate to your Admin dashboard and select Offboard Team Member.
Step 1: You will need fill out the associated information for the team member to confirm offboarding.
- Full Name
- Termination Type (Voluntary, Involuntary, or Other)
- Eligible For Rehire (Yes, No, Upon Review)
- Date of Termination: the official last date of employment
- Last Day Worked: used in relation to assigning activities. For example, if you have an offboarding workflow with different tasks, those tasks will be associated with a due date, and that date will be in relation to last day worked.
Step 2: You can re-assign roles.
- If a manager is offboarded, you can reassign their former direct reports to a new manager
- Active tasks can be reassigned to new task owners
- Templated Workflows can get removed or reassigned to other team members, keeping them within Sapling even after your former team member leaves the organization
- You can control when new managers or task owners are notified
You can assign workflows with tasks that are required to be completed by the team member prior to their departure.
Step 3: You can assign workflows with tasks that are required to be completed by the team member prior to their departure.
Step 4: Send the offboarding email. The email outlines exit procedure and can be customized.
Offboarding vs. Deleting a Team Member
1. The Offboarding Process
Sapling's Offboarding feature allows you to offboard team members from the organization and ensure all tasks and documents are completed. Deleted team members do not have an offboarding process.
2. The Team Member's Info Status
Offboarding team members keeps their profile information. You'll be able to access the team member's information in the future and have visibility into the information that was on file.
Deleting team members will remove their profile information from Sapling entirely as they never existed.